Kevin Newell is a MBA graduate of the University of Wisconsin- Whitewater with an emphasis in Finance and Management, and an ACRE Alum at Marquette University. As Founder, Newell serves as President and CEO of Royal Capital. In his role, Newell oversees all senior level investment and development related decisions, while managing a disciplined company growth strategy.
Prior to founding Royal Capital, Newell spent three years in public finance where he led efforts to allocate over $200Million in Federal and State resources as the Senior Underwriter and in the former he successfully managed over $100Million in loan assets as the Asset Manager of the Risk Based Portfolio. Newell’s leadership led to the deployment of the largest single allocation of Federal 9% Tax Credits in US History and in a separate transaction led the deployment of the first pairing of LIHTC and NMTC in Wisconsin state’s history.
Newell’s commitment to the community is highlighted by his community and corporate affiliations including:
• Junior Business Academy (Chair)
• Guest House of Milwaukee (Board Member)
• Greater Milwaukee Foundation (Impact Investment Committee)
• University of Wisconsin- Whitewater College of Business and Economics (Board Member)
• Marquette University School of Real Estate (Board Member)
• MLK Economic Development Corporation (Board Member)
• Wisconsin Preservation Fund (Board Member)
Awards and Recognitions:
• 40 Under 40 (Business Journal)
• Top 75 Power Brokers (Milwaukee)
• 17 People to Watch in 17 (Business Journal)