By Mark Kass Editor-in-Chief, Milwaukee Business Journal
Chef Thomas Hauck, who took over the Karl Ratzsch restaurant in Milwaukee in 2016, and developer Kevin Newell are among the second group of winners to be announced in the Milwaukee Business Journal’s prestigious 40 Under 40 awards program for 2017. Check out the attached slideshow to see photos of the winners.
Other winners in our second group to be announced include Lori Richards, president of Mueller Communications LLC; Elmer Moore, executive director of Scale Up Milwaukee; and Steve Kilian Jr., president/owner of Kilian Management Services, which operates 44 McDonald¹s restaurants.
In all, we received nearly 260 nominations for this year’s program.
We are divulging the winners the same way we have done for the past three years. We are going to announce 10 winners per day for the remainder of the week, with the entire list running in our Jan. 6 weekly edition and on our website.
Click on the headline below to see the first group of winners announced Tuesday:
• Business Journal unveils 40 Under 40 winners: Art Museum’s Polednik, Baird’s Phillips among first group
Our radio partner WTMJ-AM (620) will be highlighting one of our winners each day as part of our partnership with the station. Click here for WTMJ’s first spotlight report. Click here for WTMJ’s Wednesday’s spotlight report.
I encourage you to come back to our website frequently and follow us on Twitter at @mkebizjournal this week to see the names of the winners, all of whom you will learn a lot more about over the next two months. In addition, we will be announcing next week the four former winners who will be inducted into the 40 Under 40 Hall of Fame this year.
This 40 Under 40 class represents the future of community leadership in southeastern Wisconsin. Every year, we have to make some very hard decisions as there are many deserving candidates. These individuals really stood out for what they have accomplished so far and the difference they are making in the community.
This is the 25th year the Milwaukee Business Journal has honored Milwaukee’s up-and-coming leaders. Previous winners include Milwaukee Public Schools superintendent Darienne Driver; The Marcus Corp. CEO Greg Marcus; Justin Aprahamian, owner of Sanford Restaurant; Milwaukee attorney Cory Nettles; and Milwaukee entrepreneur Andy Nunemaker.
As this is 25th year of the popular program, look for additional features on our website over the next several weeks allowing you to catch up with some of our winners to see what they have accomplished in their careers and in helping our community.
Winners will be honored in a special section Feb. 17 and at a Feb. 21 awards event at The Pfister Hotel.
Here is our second group of 10 winners:
• Ellie Gettinger, director of education, Jewish Museum Milwaukee
• Thomas Hauck, owner/chef, c.1880 restaurant
• Lori Richards, president, Mueller Communications LLC
• Elmer Moore, executive director, Scale Up Milwaukee
• Steve Kilian Jr., president/owner, Kilian Management Services (operates 44 McDonald’s restaurants)
• Julia Magnasco, education director, First Stage
• Kevin Newell, president, Royal Capital Group
• Christine Culver, vice president, United Performing Arts Fund
• Heather Wolfgram, development director, Sojourner Family Peace Center
• Joey Carioti, partner, Cranky Al’s
Original article on bizjournals.com